The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare quotes annually from insurers in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in San Francisco is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Buying the cheapest insurance in San Francisco is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Consumers just have to use the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates online. Getting online rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in San Francisco doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on insurance.
If you want to compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost San Francisco insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in San Francisco, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in San Francisco who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Francisco?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Listed below are agents in San Francisco who can help you get price quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in San Francisco.
- Nationwide Insurance: Anita Daisy Lo Agency
6037 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 592-8388 – View Map
- Anita M Merrihew – State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 – San Francisco, CA 94124 – (415) 285-2021 – View Map
- Yan Lukito – State Farm Insurance Agent
5214 Diamond Heights Blvd i – San Francisco, CA 94131 – (415) 282-5558 – View Map
- Adrienne Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Market St #2252 – San Francisco, CA 94105 – (415) 292-8088 – View Map
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln Mark LT?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
How Insurers Calculate Lincoln Mark LT Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Deter car thieves – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the miles on your Lincoln in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Mark LT can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage.
- Younger driver insurance prices – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Occupation can influence prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like judges, airline pilots, and miners are shown to have higher average rates because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though San Francisco Mark LT insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Lincoln but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in California is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When searching for affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to shop for Lincoln Mark LT insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
More information can be read below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much are San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)