It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Chrysler 200 insurance in San Francisco is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and bad credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chrysler 200 insurance in San Francisco is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Best companies for Chrysler 200 insurance
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Affordable San Francisco car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used 200 can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting free San Francisco auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Save Money with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers premiums – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your 200 may be wasting your money.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Credit history impacts prices – Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chrysler 200 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Does auto insurance cost less for gals? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Vocation and insurance prices – Occupations such as military generals, executives, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in California provide most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Loss statistics for a Chrysler 200 – Insurers factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chrysler 200 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Buying auto insurance from San Francisco auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
The difference between San Francisco auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good San Francisco insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Francisco are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco that are able to give price quote information.
- Kajal Pashmi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3138 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 742-4459 – View Map
- Lynn Petrie Lange – State Farm Insurance Agent
3717 Buchanan St #100 – San Francisco, CA 94123 – (415) 923-0192 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quotes.
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Carrie Insurance
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
More comparisons equals affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Chrysler 200 insurance prices in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Francisco is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in San Francisco, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)