It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on insurance in San Francisco is your objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
The most effective way to find low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in San Francisco.
First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable protection in San Francisco is not as hard as you think. Just about each driver who buys auto insurance will most likely get better rates. But California vehicle owners need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Chevy Cruze insurance in California
The companies shown below provide free quotes in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in San Francisco can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Cruze can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Francisco auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in San Francisco.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
File insurance claims and pay more – Companies in California generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Don’t get traffic citations – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Having just one chargeable violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Costs go up with performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Liability limits are a factor – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Chevy Cruze insurance loss data – Companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in San Francisco?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in San Francisco.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
The following is a short list of insurers in San Francisco that may be willing to give price quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in San Francisco.
- Linda Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1536 20th St – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 648-1155 – View Map
- Rebekah Shapiro – State Farm Insurance Agent
1736 Stockton St #9 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 525-3344 – View Map
- State Farm: Debra O’Farrell
870 Market St #440 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 982-9900 – View Map
- Cliff Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1636 Irving St a – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 665-5118 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Chevy Cruze insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)