It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in San Francisco is your target objective, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers in San Francisco. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional ideas to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper ATS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Finding the most affordable protection in San Francisco is quite easy. Just about each driver who is required to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to get a lower-priced policy. Although California drivers must know the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Cheap companies for Cadillac ATS insurance in California
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
Prices and employer – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like doctors, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay the highest rates due to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
High premiums for teen drivers – Teen drivers in California are statistically shown to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your ATS policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your ATS can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Getting just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get multiple citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Cadillac ATS insurance claim data – Companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cadillac ATS insurance discounts in San Francisco
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount shop San Francisco car insurance on the web.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a driver safety course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Francisco and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in San Francisco may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount rates in San Francisco, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local San Francisco insurance agency
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in San Francisco.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. San Francisco agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- Basic West Insurance Agency
1641 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-7400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are San Francisco exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Rebekah Shapiro – State Farm Insurance Agent
1736 Stockton St #9 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 525-3344 – View Map
- Wilson Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
25 Division St #200 – San Francisco, CA 94103 – (415) 593-8802 – View Map
- Anita M Merrihew – State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 – San Francisco, CA 94124 – (415) 285-2021 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in San Francisco will have answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Cadillac ATS?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Does my Cadillac ATS qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Cadillac ATS insurance in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Cadillac ATS insurance in San Francisco is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in San Francisco, so you need to quote San Francisco car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)