If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in San Francisco.
- Get an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like your driving record and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices will probably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable Buick Terraza insurance in San Francisco is why you’re here, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Buick Terraza?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in San Francisco who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How are claims handled?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
- Anita M Merrihew – State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 – San Francisco, CA 94124 – (415) 285-2021 – View Map
- Rebekah Shapiro – State Farm Insurance Agent
1736 Stockton St #9 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 525-3344 – View Map
- Fillia Fransisca – State Farm Insurance Agent
2315 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 661-3726 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following are San Francisco independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map