The best way to find low-cost prices for BMW X1 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in San Francisco. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like your driving record and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. This article will help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of how to compare price quotes instantly.
The best way to compare rates for BMW X1 insurance in San Francisco is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how many miles driven, if it has an alarm system, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if a SR-22 is required. That information is instantly submitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To check rates for your BMW X1 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Protect more than your BMW vehicle
Even though San Francisco X1 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your X1 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Francisco auto insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some auto insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, good student, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, good student, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, air bags, teen driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
Check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in San Francisco. To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Francisco, click this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in San Francisco who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any good agent in San Francisco should know the answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Francisco?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What companies can they write with?
Below are agents in San Francisco that are able to give rate quotes for BMW X1 insurance in San Francisco.
- Sam and Associates Insurance Agency
2225 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-0181 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
- United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map
- Kiet Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4198 Mission St – San Francisco, CA 94112 – (415) 587-1880 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my BMW X1 need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your BMW X1 insurance rates in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive San Francisco auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)