Inconceivable but true, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in the United States can save 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Francisco is quite easy. Essentially anyone who is looking for a better price on auto insurance will probably find a lower price. Although California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies sell online.
Most companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes online. Getting online rates for Volkswagen R32 insurance in San Francisco is pretty easy because you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Volkswagen R32 insurance in San Francisco helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the most affordable premium on insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen R32 in San Francisco, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your R32 with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in San Francisco.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.