If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Pontiac GTO insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in San Francisco.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides information to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in San Francisco could pocket 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates and save money.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. These tips will familiarize you with how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. Comparison shoppers just have to know the proper way to compare different rates online.
How much does Pontiac GTO insurance in San Francisco, CA cost?
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a San Francisco car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, emergency road assistance, homeowner, good driver, and online shopper.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, good student, safety features, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for air bags, paperless, anti-theft, student away at school, and teen driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, air bags, and daytime running lights.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap San Francisco Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
The items below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Pontiac GTO has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Gender matters – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Liability insurance – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- You may save more by combining policies – Lots of companies provide discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare Pontiac GTO rates in San Francisco to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Coverage lapses raise insurance rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your GTO is just wasting money. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Francisco who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in San Francisco, get answers to these questions.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented many tips how you can find affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Cost effective Pontiac GTO insurance can be purchased on the web and with local San Francisco insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)