If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in California.
- First, read about how your policy works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. The average driver in San Francisco could cut their rates by 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can learn to find better prices without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in San Francisco is really not that difficult. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in San Francisco is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give the companies some data including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, the ages of drivers, how your vehicles are used, and daily mileage. Your insurance information is instantly provided to many different companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Francisco, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Premium rates and analysis
The price information shown next highlights a range of insurance rates for Dodge Ram models. Having a good understanding how premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$266||$402||$480||$28||$144||$1,320||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$300||$490||$480||$28||$144||$1,442||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$334||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$334||$664||$480||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$334||$664||$480||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount – Some auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Francisco, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is especially important in San Francisco.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Francisco who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local San Francisco insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in San Francisco can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in San Francisco that can give you pricing information.
Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Francisco that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in San Francisco is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)