Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in California can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
Really, the only way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper SS coverage is available in San Francisco. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Affordable companies for Chevy SS insurance
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates on Chevy SS insurance in San Francisco with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive reduced rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate has discounts for good payer, new car, eSmart discount, utility vehicle, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
If you want low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To choose insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy SS?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in San Francisco who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in San Francisco may be either independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Toan Tieu – State Farm Insurance Agent
690 Monterey Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94127 – (415) 610-8000 – View Map
Jing Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 Geary Blvd #300 – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 752-8888 – View Map
State Farm: Debra O’Farrell
870 Market St #440 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 982-9900 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
April Insurance Agency
1788 19th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 242-8100 – View Map
United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map
If you receive good responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Cost effective Chevy SS insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood San Francisco agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Good Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)