Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers in California kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in America could save $859 each year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Acura NSX insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in San Francisco. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on NSX insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Locating the best rates in San Francisco is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. In essence, every vehicle owner who comparison shops for auto insurance will more than likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, California car owners must know the way companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
The Acura NSX Insurance Price Equation
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
Experienced drivers save more – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Low physical damage deductibles mean high rates – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Acura. A few examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Incidental coverages can add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Cheaper prices with safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Never have coverage lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of California car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is to get quotes online. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in San Francisco, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura NSX has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Acura. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get lower-cost rates on Acura NSX insurance in San Francisco with these discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in San Francisco may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Francisco car insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-theft, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you are trying to find inexpensive San Francisco car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local San Francisco insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in San Francisco will have answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
When researching local San Francisco agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in San Francisco can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Joe Freund – State Farm Insurance Agent
1734 Divisadero St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 359-9311 – View Map
- Alan Chan State Farm Insurance
1820 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 776-2190 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Myrna De Vera
2121 19th Ave Ste 102 – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 566-9400 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in San Francisco that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Blum-Blackfield Insurance Agency
2 Twin Peaks Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 665-1440 – View Map
- Express Service Insurance
2085 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 440-5136 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Acura NSX insurance rates online in San Francisco. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)