It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of the best way to compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in San Francisco. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in San Francisco. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
How You Can Control Audi TTS Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
Save money with good credit – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi TTS by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
Poor driving means higher rates – Having a single driving citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Long commutes cost more – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated TTS may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
Your job and auto insurance rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, business owners, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and performers get better rates.
Safer cars means better auto insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Deter theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Keep claims to a minimum – Companies in California provide most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance losses for an Audi TTS – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi TTS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- San Francisco Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in San Francisco may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new TTS can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Francisco auto insurance quote.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To choose providers who offer cheap Audi TTS insurance quotes in San Francisco in San Francisco, click this link.
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Audi TTS insurance can be sourced online in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, so you need to quote San Francisco auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)