Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Ford F-150 insurance in San Francisco? Finding budget San Francisco Ford F-150 insurance quotes on the internet might appear rather challenging for vehicle owners new to buying their car insurance over the internet. With literally dozens of insurers to choose from, how can San Francisco drivers effectively compare every company in order to find the best available price?
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in the United States could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
It's important to shop coverage around periodically because car insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best rates on Ford F-150 insurance in San Francisco last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Best companies for competitive Ford F-150 insurance in California
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The data table shown next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Ford F-150 models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are determined can help drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$276||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,360||$113|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$276||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,444||$120|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$276||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,444||$120|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$276||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,444||$120|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$276||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,444||$120|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$316||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$358||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,526||$127|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$358||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,526||$127|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$358||$382||$578||$34||$174||$1,526||$127|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$358||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,608||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$398||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,730||$144|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$398||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,730||$144|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$398||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,730||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Deter car thieves - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - The majority of insurers will give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other San Francisco F-150 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper - Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Get better rates if married - Getting married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Careless drivers pay higher rates - Having a single speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get careless citations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents drive up Ford F-150 auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 claim probability - Insurers use past insurance losses when determining insurance rates. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will cut your insurance premiums.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Francisco that can provide free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Car insurance agents in San Francisco come in two varieties
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in San Francisco can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco who may provide you with price quotes.
- Angela Ng - State Farm Insurance Agent
377 W Portal Ave - San Francisco, CA 94127 - (415) 731-7400 - View Map
- Anita M Merrihew - State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 - San Francisco, CA 94124 - (415) 285-2021 - View Map
- Sandy Lee - State Farm Insurance Agent
188 S Park St #4 - San Francisco, CA 94107 - (415) 227-9833 - View Map
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are San Francisco independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 - Alcatraz Island #203 - San Francisco, CA 94111 - (415) 616-5911 - View Map
- Scarborough Insurance Agency
329 Bryant St - San Francisco, CA 94107 - (415) 371-1398 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Anita Daisy Lo Agency
6037 Geary Blvd - San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 592-8388 - View Map
If you get satisfactory answers and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What is glass protection for?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my Ford F-150 covered for flood damage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you quote San Francisco car insurance, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many tips how you can get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in San Francisco. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to saving money on Ford F-150 insurance in San Francisco
The preferred way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies in San Francisco. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)